My name is Stephen Hmiel, and I'm a game tester currently working at NVIDIA in St. Louis, Missouri. I graduated from Washington University in St. Louis, where I spent four years majoring in Environmental Studies. Because that's a natural career arc.
Games are my passion. I worked as a game designer at Simutronics for four years and contributed to four shipped titles, and I worked with the RPG Blades of Avernum for about six years. I created my own tabletop system and setting for groups who play online, and some of my finest work is in running high-energy campaigns with richly-detailed worlds. I spend most of the rest of my time playing games, thinking about games, or reading about games.
- Dragons of Elanthia (2013, PC) - Lead Designer
- One Epic Knight (2012, iOS/Android) - Designer
- Tiny Heroes (2011, iOS) - QA, Designer
- Fantasy University (2010-2012, web) - QA, Designer
- Escape from Dragoncop (Global Game Jam, 2015) - Design, UI
- The Great Fence of China (St. Louis Scatterjam, 2014) - Design, UI
- R.O.W.B.O.A.T. (St. Louis Game Jam, 2014) - Design, Art
- Paper and Shortstack (St. Louis Spring Jam, 2012) - Design, Art
- Copperhead Jack and the Cave of Snakes (Global Game Jam, 2012) - Design, Art
- Pluto's Revenge (Global Game Jam, 2011) - Design, Art
email: ephesossh (at) gmail (dot) com